In 1713, Jean Trimoulet, member of the Jurade of Saint Emilion, left the wine estate he owned to his children. His name became then the name of the Château. Since the beginning of the 18th century, eight generations of winegrowers from the same family have owned and run the estate.
In 2016, Château Trimoulet was bought by Chateau Dassault. Those passionate pioneers in the aeronautic industry, new technologies and the art market, became interested in fine wines quite a long time before. They increased the vineyard to nearly fifty hectares and are now considered as one of the largest in Saint-Emilion.